- West View Shores is located in Cecil County on Maryland’s Eastern Shore at the Top of the Chesapeake Bay. Views of Turkey Point, the lighthouse and Elk Neck State Park are enjoyed from various points in the community.
- West View Shores features a beautiful beach along the Elk River with spectacular sunsets across the Bay. Boating, fishing and other water sports are accessible from the boat ramp and dock which provide residents a variety of leisure experiences year round.
WVS Offers a Number of Amenities for the Enjoyment of All residents:
- Boaters: The boat ramp at the intersection of Bluff and Basin Roads provides easy access to the water.
- Sun-lovers and swimmers: The community beach at the intersection of Basin Road and Elk Drive is a pleasant area to sunbathe, read, or take a nap.
- Common area: Bordered by Basin Drive, the environmentally protected common area is an open expanse of land with a few benches along the water front and some shade trees closer to the beach area. Those benches as well as a bench on the community pier offer front row seating to view our spectacular sunsets, to watch the shipping traffic go by, or to see eagles, osprey, and great blue herons fly over the water. The common area has been the site of weddings, parties, and the occasional game of volleyball, horseshoes or Giant Jenga.
Surrounding Area Attractions
- Stemmers Run Boat Ramp is nearby and offers another boat ramp to access the bay. Permits are required to use Stemmers Run.
- Mount Harmon Plantation is a former tobacco plantation dating from the original land grant in the 1650’s. It is owned and managed by the Friends of Mount Harmon who sponsor guided tours as well as many special events throughout the year.
- Chesapeake City on the banks of the Chesapeake and Delaware Canal offers quaint shops or many restaurants to enjoy a meal. Nearby horse farms, such as Winbak Farm, offer tours.
- Chestertown on the banks of the Chester River is also a lovely town with many beautiful homes, shops, and restaurants. It is also the home of the schooner Sultana, a replica of the Revolutionary era British ship and offers many events and educational programs.
- The historic Kitty Knight House is only one of many local restaurants along the Sassafras River that offer fresh seafood and locally grown products as part of their menus.
- This web site is intended to provide information about the West View Shores community and is maintained by the Civic Association.
- Please navigate around this informational website by clicking on the headings and associated drop-down menus across the top or the quick links for news, events, and photos on the navigation bar to the right.
You may contact the Civic Association via the email address below:
Thank you for visiting !